Monday, November 14, 2016

It's Snow Time!

WELCOME! If you live in the Northeastern US and want to get outside in the snow with your family, you have come to the right place. I'll be sharing tips and information about skiing and snowboarding with kids in the Northeast... and beyond!


"Mom, I hope it snows soon!" 
Those words, exclaimed last week by my eight-year-old daughter, were music to my ears! Yes, snow would be awesome. But there is nary a flake of it to be seen in NJ -- not since the huge dump back in January, I think. I told Cyane that I thought it was snowing somewhere in the world. And now it's time for snow here in the Northeast!

Digging Out

It's also time to get the snow gear organized. We just pulled out all of the kids' snow pants, jackets, boots, hats and mitts from the attic. Time to see what still fits from last year and what goes in the donation and consignment piles. The stuff does take up a lot of space!

It is also time to get the downhill gear set for the season. My husband and I are good to go -- although I now remember that I should really replace my ski boot heaters so I don't have to ski with blocks of ice where my toes are supposed to be. If you get frozen toes, boot heaters are fantastic.

Our two girls, 8 and 6 years old, have to wait until Santa delivers their new snowboards and boots. I bought them on sale in September. See, it's never too early to buy gear! 

Up Next!
Stay tuned for upcoming posts on:
  • Getting in shape
  • SHE VENTURES inspirational women
  • Warren Miller's new movie
  • Resort Reviews
  • Kids and Big Mountains
  • To ski school or not to ski school--is there a question?
  • Are you a ski or snowboard family?
  • Layering up when the mercury drops
  • How Young is Too Young for the slopes?


 







No comments:

Post a Comment