Sunday, November 20, 2016

SNOW in NJ...and elsewhere?



It snowed! It's just a dusting, which will be gone in an hour most likely. But there was officially snow on the ground when I walked the dogs through our neighborhood at 7:00 this morning. 

Despite the cold wind blowing in my face, I reveled in the fact that ski mountains would soon be making snow. 


According to Hunter Mountain's recorded message, the mountain is currently closed for winter operations, but they hope to open Friday Nov 25th, weather permitting.  




Hunter, located in the Catskill Mountains, NY, plans to make more snow through Tues eve as long as temperatures stay low enough. Meanwhile, the weather report looks promising, too! 

 A little further north, Jiminy Peak in Hancock, MA also plans to open on Nov 25th. Personally, I would much rather have a White Friday than a Black Friday after a day of ritual gluttony. (If I still fit into my ski pants, that is!)

More norther mountains, such as Sugarbush in Warren, VT, advertise Weds, Nov 23rd as opening day.  "Sunday River in Newry, ME, tweets: Opening Day is planned. Wednesday Nov 23, but if we can open before, we will!"







No comments:

Post a Comment